Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I love Jamie Lee Curtis

Jamie Lee Curtis is my new idol. She's so comfortable in her skin, so stylish in her honesty.

She's featured in AARP The Magazine, and was recently on the "Oprah Winfrey Show" to talk about her journey to self-love and acceptance.

On "Oprah," she spoke of her role as the beauty myth buster (besides being "topless" on the cover of AARP, she posed for untouched photos in More Magazine), saying that women are craving truth and honesty, especially in advertising.

The article in AARP says Jamie Lee is letting her freak flag fly as she nears 50 (her birthday is in November). I dream of a world where a woman speaking frankly and living purposefully isn't considered an anomaly, but the norm.

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Heck yeah - she ROCKS! I sure wish more women were listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I remember is watching her take her shirt off in numerous movies in the '80s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More power to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was the girl I wanted to marry in HALLOWEEN
    signed JASON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gray hair - wish I had the courage to stop the endless maintenance and go natural.

    ReplyDelete