Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sundance love or obsession?

How did I develop this unnatural love of all things Sundance, specifically "Iconoclasts?" The blame falls on on captivating designer Tom Ford (left) and artist Jeff Koons, the subjects of the first episode I watched.


Have I told you that I'm obsessed with the Sundance Channel?

I apologise if I'm repeating myself, but I can't stop TiVoing documentaries and spreading the good word about the channel's fabulousness. I spent the weekend with a slew of fashion docs the channel aired last month, including "Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton."

And, I'm giddy that my gateway Sundance show, Iconoclasts, is returning at 10 p.m. Thursday (featuring Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Sir Richard Branson).

Highlights for the rest of the season include: designer Stella McCartney and artist Edward Ruscha on Oct. 23; skater Tony Hawk and actor/director Jon Favreau on Oct. 30 and Venus Williams and Wyclef Jean on Nov. 13.

Some of my favorite pairings from past seasons include Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and surfer Laird Hamilton; actors Robert Redford and Paul Newman; dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov and chef Alice Waters.

Have you watched? What do you think?

0 comments: