Monday, November 24, 2008

Christian Siriano in Charlotte


Fierce "Project Runway" season four winner Christian Siriano will be in Charlotte on Dec. 4 at Coplon's in Phillips Place.

As part of his visit to the Queen City, he'll be the guest of honor at a brunch and fashion show to benefit Dress for Success Charlotte. Tickets, $100 each, are limited. Visit the Dress for Success website for more details. A trunk show, open to the public, will be 11:30 a.m- 5 p.m. at the store.

Christian and I spoke by phone recently. Read Thursday's Style section for the full story, but here's an exerpt of our conversation.

How would you characterize your 'Project Runway' experience? "It’s so funny, it was such a long time ago, but it’s still so prominent. (‘Project Runway’) opened every amazing door for me. I skipped five years of the fashion industry. It was a lot of work, but I have no bad things say about it. It made my career."

What has been the biggest change in your life since 'Project Runway'? "Everything and all of the above. My bank account is different! It's fabulous. I moved into a big beautiful loft in Williamsburg that is my studio too."

0 comments: