Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dreaming of boots

Those killer Hayden-Harnett Madeline riding boots are calling to me from the closet. So are the Frye Ava pumps I picked up at a killer discount. Or that batwing sweater I snatched up recently. Or the black dress that makes me think I'm channelling Vivienne Westwood.

So come on all ready fall! I need some dramatically cooler temps before I can trot out my end-of-season finds.

The thing is, we've got a ways to go. It's hot in Charlotte, so hot that a forecast for 83 seems like a cold front is moving in.

Besides repeatedly trying on your new boots and sweaters in the air-conditioned comfort of your home, what do you do to fight the impatient urge for summer to end and fall to begin?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely NOT as anxious to see the end of summer as you are - love sandals and open toes more than any boot, and especially love barefeet in the sand!
    You're young, so wishing time would speed by so you can change wardrobes isn't such a big deal right now. Yet, it will be.
    Enjoy the rest of summer's beauty for Fall will be here soon enough -

    ReplyDelete