Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Are you open to a peep-toe?

MICHAEL Michael Kors Jamesport bootie

I've been fixated on boots since writing about them in a recent Style section.
But, to tell you the truth, it doesn't take an assignment to make me obsess about shoes, particularly boots. If you were privy to the incessant internal dialogue I have pondering the heel width, height and design elements of footwear, you might think I need help.
The latest source of shoe-specific debate I've been waging with myself was sparked by an honest question from my mom: What's up with peep-toe boots? Her take, based in a Midwestern reality that involves lots of snow, is that they simply aren't practical or even cute.
I love the peep-toe on pumps and even now on boots. It's an unexpected twist on a classic silhouette that adds a bit of edge. And, in places like Charlotte, it's a great seasonal transition shoe.
Without tights, peep-toe boots can work with skirts, leggings and dresses. Once it gets a bit cooler, adding contrasting tights (bright colors are popular, like electric blue and hot pink) will kick up the attitude of your look.
What do you think about the peep-toe boot? A favorite brand or style?

0 comments: