Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kristin Davis, Belk end relationship


"Sex and the City" star (and S.C. native) Kristin Davis and Belk have parted ways, according to New York Magazine.

The Kristin Davis Collection was expansive, and included jewelry, accessories, shoes, intimates and clothing. The line was scheduled to be part of the Style 360 event at New York Fashion Week, but word came from event organizers late last week the fashion show had been cancelled.

It was just about a year ago that I spoke with Davis in Charlotte as she readied to celebrate the launch of her line with a fashion show at the Blake Hotel.

The fall 2009 collection will be the last available in stores.

What do you think of the announcement? Of the line? I never got around to buying anything from it, but did lust after a few pairs of shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Although I generally love most everything Kristin wears, her line was unimpressive to me. It didn't seem to scream "her," and that's a shame since I had so hoped to love her line - and the fact that it would be available at Belk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I thought the concept was great & I wanted to like it...but the line fell flat. It had nothing to offer & as a fan of hers I found it disappointing.

    ReplyDelete