Monday, October 26, 2009

Stella McCartney for GapKids in Charlotte?

Is that a real fox he's holding? No matter -- look at that marching band jacket! Too cute!

As the mom of two bebes (well, not really babies anymore -- my son is 6, my daughter 4), I can tell you with authority there is room for improvement when it comes to children's clothing.

There's only so much train/construction theming for boys or pink/purple florals for girls that a stylish mum can take before losing it completely.

Enter Stella McCartney, daughter of Sir Paul, mother of three (Miller, 4, Bailey, 2, and Beckett, 1) and creator of an uber-delicious eponymous line. Now, she's teamed with GapKids for a children's capsule collection that may just send me into fits, in a good way.

Marching band jackets? Tulle skirts? Cozy knits and kid-pleasing boots for stomping around (with trend-perfect neon yellow laces)? I am in.

The collection ($14-$128) should be hitting stores by Nov. 3, and I've been told by a well-placed source the SouthPark location will be one of just a handful of stores in the Southeast to carry the line.

0 comments: