Wednesday, July 16, 2008

H&M: I went, I bought, I lusted

I want that, and that, and that ... Freshly styled mannequins at the Atlantic Station H&M.

As luck would have it, an unplanned family visit took me to Atlanta this week. Hm .... what is there that I needed to check out? Oh yes, the newest H&M at Atlantic Station!

Like a cheap-fashion stalker, I waited with my peppermint latte in the car until the shop opened at 10 a.m. I buzzed in and quickly started snatching up items to try on.

Sadly, the store isn't as large as I hoped. It's two floors, and mostly women's clothing, but I was strangely underwhelmed (that never happens to me at H&M!). While paying for my purchases, I quizzed the clerk, and she dished a bit: the Atlantic Station store is the flagship of the southeast, and expansion would likely take the chain to Florida next.

Fashion headlines: lots of purple, and jewel tones. Also a decidedly '80s vibe -- stretchy colorblock dresses and bright colors. And, as always, the crazy-cheap accessories drove me to distraction, especially the earrings.

Have you been? What is your review?

5 comments:

  1. I went. It was awesome. We need an H&M here ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to that location, but H&M has frequently left me underwhelmed within the last 2 years or so. Which is so disappointing, because I wanted to love that store so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pitiful if that's the flagship store of the Southeast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that button down, flower skirt on the front manequin! I keep hearing rumblings that Charlotte is getting an H&M. First, it was in the University area (blech) but now I'm hearing at the Epi Center uptown. Please let it be true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think within the next 5 years, H&M will open a store here. Hopefully more than one!

    ReplyDelete