Friday, July 25, 2008

Ohhh ... shiny purses ...

I call dibs! Which one? Maybe both. Botkier for Target hobo bags in gold and silver, $49.99.


Target's latest capsule collection of handbags -- this time, from designer Monica Botkier -- is welcome, luxe-inspired change.

I wasn't too wowed with the offerings from the previous collection from Gryson. I was fired up when I got the look book, but when I saw the bags in the store, my desire to spend up to $49.99 disappeared quickly. I'm not the only one who felt that way: Target's clearance racks are now jammed with Gryson bags that are 50 (or more) percent off.

The Botkier bags fun and functional -- hobos, satchels, clutches, wristlets -- in metallics, faux-snake skin and funky metallics.

I was doing my best Elaine from "Seinfeld" impersonation (you know, slapping people's shoulders and yelling "Shut up!") when my friend showed me her Botkier for Target faux gray python clutch that she got for $19.99.

What's your take on the Botkier for Target collection?


Contact Us: What are your secrets to successful back to school shopping? What tips top your list of dos and don'ts? We want to hear it all for an upcoming story. If you're interested in talking to a reporter, send your tips to style@charlotteobserver.com along with your name and phone number (not for publication).

5 comments:

  1. LOVES THEM!!!! I want both metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to find out when H&M is coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your next post should be what kind of stores we would like to see here in Charlotte that we do not currently have. Then, add up the ones people say the most, and email it to that store in hopes that they will open a store here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others! Three cheers for H&M!!!! We need to start the revolution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you on Target's payroll?

    ReplyDelete